Saturday, June 6, 2009

Catch up




I have been very, very remiss about posting . . . honestly I got caught up in Facebook and didn't see how I'd have the time to maintain my page there AND here. But I need practice writing and FB doesn't really give you that opportunity - it's more just a "fire a comment off and move on" sort of format. Doesn't really accomplish what the goal I set for this blog, which is to keep our out of town family in touch with what goes on in Casa Beeber here in Texas.

Where to start - I think I last posted in February. Since then Kate and Quentin came to visit, we had Easter and Bekah's birthday, my weekend in Port Aransas with the girls, bought a new car, went to Washington DC for a 10 day vacation, Mother's Day, attended Cindy B's birthday part in Dallas, had Bekah's piano recital, finished up school for the summer and . . here we are!

Rodney has been hard at work remodeling the stairs into our bedroom, he's almost done, just applying the clear protective coat - he's applying the 2nd of 6 coats. Once he's done we're heading out to Lago Vista to cook out and go swimming with Dale & Peggy. Bekah's just finishing up practicing piano. She performed like a pro at her recital -she played a couple of pieces, one of which was "Only Time" by Enya. Now she's learning, by her own choice, a piece by Yanni. Where she got this preference for new age music, I cannot figure . . .but it is pretty! I just taught Ryan how to make Kool-Aid, so now he's got a new job for the summer :o) I'm trying to eat better - MUCH more fruits & veggies, less meat & dairy, whole grains. I have to say I already feel better, slightly more energy. Of course as hot as it is, its easier to eat light. I've taken to making a big pot of beans every week and serving it up with rice or cornbread, and they seem to love it! Nutritious and cheap! Our little herb garden that we planted in the front flower bed is also producing - basil, sage, parsley, oregano, mint. The cilantro bolted pretty quickly so we didn't get much there. I've since ready that it doesn't like to get over 75 degrees - fat chance of that in central Texas.


Yikes, time to head out to Lago. Ryan's first tooth just came out! Tooth Fairy is visiting us tonight!

No comments: