I have had such a feeling of peace the last week. I am relieved that our home repair is finally done and we can pick up the pieces again. I am relieved that our nation will be lead by a calm, intelligent and rational leader who may actually seek a peaceful place in this world for our nation and restore our dignity. And we got to scream our heads off on the roller coasters at Six Flags this weekend - how cathartic!!
The kids are big enough now to ride almost everything, so we can go together as a family - reminds me of coming here with my family when I was just a little older than Bekah. As you get older, you notice that your highs and lows are blunted - slights or hurts that would have devastated you in younger years roll off your back, but at the same time you rarely feel moments of joy in the same extreme, either. That is one thing you can recapture on the rides in an amusement park! I guess sometimes it takes being hurtled into the air at 70 mph to shake off your cares and make you feel REALLY alive! Unless I'm mistaking dizziness for happiness . . .well, whatever!
1 comment:
Looks like you guys had a great time! I do wish that I could still feel the same joy and excitement that Perrin feels when I tell him we're going to the park, or going out for ice cream, etc. Apparently, I need to get on a roller coaster:)
Just curious - how is the CSA subscription working out?
Post a Comment